When it comes to whipping your skin into shape, it’s common to rely on face serums and facial moisturizers. While these are essential skincare products, facial oils also deserve a place in your beauty bag. When your skin needs extra hydration, facial oils can get the job done. More importantly, the components of facial oils can help delay your skin’s aging process.
So, if you’re determined to keep your wrinkles at bay, make any of these 7 best facial oils a valuable part of your skincare routine.
What are Facial Oils
Facial oils are high in natural ingredients that work well with your skin. Because the skin’s outermost layers are oil-based, facial oils make the perfect treatments to wrinkles and other signs of aging. Typically, they are designed to moisturize your skin, lock in hydration, and provide a healthy-looking glow.
Why Use Facial Oils for Wrinkles
Below are the two main reasons why facial oils have become a beauty staple:
- It provides skin with moisture and extra nourishment. Facial oils can be incredibly nourishing for people with dehydrated and dry skin. The hydrating nature of facial oils is highly beneficial when experiencing dry skin due to the weather. Moreover, facial oils seal in all of the hydrating ingredients when you apply it after a moisturizer. But more than helping to prevent hydration from escaping, facial oils add extra nourishment to your skin.
- It’s a natural source of vitamins and antioxidants. Natural Oils contain fat-soluble vitamins that help improve the skin’s condition. They also contain antioxidants that protect your skin from damaging free radicals that cause loss of elasticity and photoaging.
Best Face Oils for Wrinkles 2021 – Our Top 7 Picks
Now that you know what face oils are and how they can help with your mature skin, its time to review our recommended picks:
1. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil is formulated with an advanced retinol complex. Retinol prevents aging and reverses wrinkles and fine lines. While it’s one of the best ingredients to fight aging skin, it usually comes with terrible side-effects. That’s why not everyone is a fan of retinol. But among the many facial exfoliants, you can find fake retinol. These products offer the same benefits of real retinol but without the side effects. In other words, retinol alternatives, such as the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil, reverse signs of aging without chapping your face in the process. Since retinol may cause irritation and flaking, don’t use anything besides this sleeping night oil.
You can apply this night oil before going to sleep and wake up with brighter and smoother skin. It does an excellent job of keeping your skin moisturized and hydrated while also increasing collagen production. You may find the oil’s sickly tinge of blue colourless desirable, but you’ll be surprised at how good it smells. It’s anti-inflammatory so that it can double as a treatment for swelling, redness, and pain.
2. Jose Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
- Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil is a multi-tasker that nourishes, conditions, and heals. It absorbs easily into skin, intensely hydrating and leaving behind a dewy glow.
- Argan Oil is clinically proven to significantly improve skin hydration, smoothness, and visibly reduce course lines and wrinkles in just 4 weeks. Argan oil benefits your skin head to toe, even hair and nails.
- Josie Maran believes in cosmetics with a conscience. That is why this pure Argan Oil is cruelty free, vegan, paraben free, sulfate free, gluten free, phthalate free, synthetic fragrance free, mineral oil free, formaldehyde free, and peg free.
It’s no secret how argan oil provides numerous skin benefits, and the one from Jose Maran is the perfect option if you haven’t started on oils yet. Though it’s a bit pricey, this facial oil can make a huge difference, especially if you have wrinkles. Of course, there are cheaper argan oils, but Jose Maran’s offers pure oil. The brand is well-known for providing pure and first cold-pressed argan oil. Hence, the product is worth all the hype.
The bottle comes in a travel size, so it’s very convenient to pack and store when travelling. On average, the 30mL argan oil can last up to 3 months on near-daily use. It gives a nutty scent and absorbs quickly without leaving an oily film on your skin’s surface. This way, your face will not look extra shining when emergencies come up, and you have to leave the house in the middle of the night.
Fantastic oil that works throughout the night to deliver smooth and even-toned complexion in the morning!
3. The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
- This product has NO safety seal
- Size: 30ml
- Gender: Unisex
Moisturize and target signs of aging with The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil. It blesses all skin types and promotes an even radiant tone. Needless to say, Rose Hip Seed Oil is proven to have protective and healing properties. It’s often considered nature’s Retin A because of the abundance of pro-vitamin, linoleic, and linolenic fatty acids. During processing, rosehip seed undergoes cold-pressed extraction; therefore, the effectiveness of the components are retained.
The product is beneficial for wrinkle reduction and collagen production, hydration, elasticity, scars reduction, uneven skin tone, and acne healing. Because it contains high omega fatty acid and completely unrefined, the oil gives off one part fish oil and one part fruity scent.
It’s a dry oil, so it doesn’t feel heavy and greasy on your skin. You can use a couple of drops in the morning to hydrate your skin or add to your foundation and sunscreen. If you want to achieve a nourished and hydrated appearance without the typical greasiness, purchase The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil.
4. Kiwi Seed Oil
- Organic Pure Oil Kiwi Seed Oil is 100% pure, natural, cold-pressed, unrefined, extra virgin, Pharmaceutical Grade oil from the seeds of the kiwi fruit. Kiwi Seed Oil is vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and non-GMO.
- Organic Pure Oil Kiwi Seed Oil contains high levels of fatty acids and antioxidants that makes Kiwi Oil a suitable choice to use on skin and hair. Kiwi Seed Oil helps with maintaining the skin’s moisture barrier and promotes good skin health.
- Organic Pure Oil Kiwi Seed Oil is light and gentle to use on all skin types. Even on sensitive, problematic, or mature skin, Kiwi Seed Oil is soothing enough to use with no concerns.
Have you ever tried facial oils and get disappointed at their heaviness? If so, try switching to Kiwi Seed Oil. It’s one of the best facial oils in the market that feels light on the skin and penetrates without leaving a sticky feeling.
If you give the kiwi seed oil a chance, you’ll be impressed by how it performs. It combines potent, natural ingredients and sells at a very reasonable price range. For extra sensitive skin, the product is proven not to irritate the eyes and other areas of the face. Therefore, it is safe for all skin types, even sensitive.
The oil scent is almost non-existent, which is an advantage if you’re not fond of anything with strong scents. The texture is creamy yet light, so it’s an absolute pleasure to use. It also rubs easily into your skin and provides a cooling effect. You can further amplify its cooling effect by placing it in the fridge when not in use. This product is a must-have if you want to look more youthful and appear less tired.
As for the glow’s additional enhancement, the Kiwi Seed Oil imparts a subtle sheen. But, it’s only noticeable when it reflects natural light.
5. Living Libations Facial Oil
- An All-in-One Cleanser, Exfoliator + Moisturizer That Restores Skin To Its Natural State Of Smooth, Glowing Wonder
- Living Libations' Best-Selling Skin Elixir Is Packed With Natural Skin-Clarifying + Regenerating Botanicals, Working Wonders For All Skin Types
- Natural, Organic & Wildcrafted Ingredients
Living Libations is a skincare company based in Canada that’s known for providing top-quality skincare products. Their Facial Oil is the best facial oil ever. What makes this product a must-have is how hydrating it is. During summer months and humid weather, most people would have dehydrated skin. But, the Living Libations Facial Oil can plump your skin with extra moisture and work wonders no matter your skin type.
The product doesn’t have an oily consistency, so it feels comfortable and light on your skin. This feature also makes the Living Libations Facial Oil suitable for day use. Additionally, it doesn’t contain ingredients that clog the pores and cause breakouts. More than hydrating your skin, this facial oil does an excellent job at smoothing the appearance of your wrinkles and fine lines.
If you wear foundation or concealer over this facial oil, give it a few minutes to penetrate your skin. The Living Libations Facial Oil is quite rich, so unless you want your make up to crease, wait for it to absorb and dry down.
6. SheaMoisture Overnight Face Oil
- In the SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Overnight Face Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter deeply moisturizes with vitamins and essential fatty acids.
- In the SheaMoisture Overnight Face Oil, Coconut Oil & Coconut Milk Blend has conditioning properties which smooth and soften skin.
- In the SheaMoisture Overnight Face Oil, Acacia Senegal seals in moisture.
If you’re starting to notice more wrinkles, the Shea Moisture Overnight Face Oil is an excellent overnight treatment. Wrinkles appear more severe when your skin gets dry or dehydrated. But, this facial oil is the best prevention.
These days, you hear about the healthy benefits of coconut oil when consumed. Similarly, in the form of facial oil, coconut oil offers nutrition to your skin when applied topically. The Shea Moisture Overnight Face Oil uses 100% coconut oil. This means that your skin can benefit from coconut oil, in pure form, to keep your skin hydrated.
Of course, the facial oil can help up your skin’s glow factor. The combination of hydration and nutrition will give your skin a healthy glow and take it to the next level. For best results, try layering on the Shea Moisture Overnight Face Oil before going to bed so that you’ll wake up looking just the right amount of dewy.
7. Maple Holistics 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- DIY Skin Care - Make your own anti aging skin care DIY beauty products with one of the best carrier oils for essential oils with our Avocado oil for lip gloss Moisturizer for hair Cuticle oil and more
- Avocado Oil for Hair - Try our Cold Pressed avocado hair oil for women and men for a scalp moisturizer for dry scalp treatment and curly hair moisturizer hair treatment for dry damaged hair
- Avocado Oil for Skin - Our avocado oil skin oil for face skin care and natural body oil for dry skin is packed with nutrients that leave the skin properly hydrated especially mixed with essential oils
Anyone with a skincare regimen that avocado oil contains nutrients and vitamins essential for moisture retention and skin elasticity. That’s why many are obsessed with the avocado oil from Maple Holistics. It’s vitamins K, E, and A help with collagen and good cellular regeneration production.
Who says flawless skin and natural ingredients don’t pair well? This product is formulated without harsh components. The avocado oil will deliver sufficient moisture that won’t evaporate throughout the night.
While it’s crafted expressly for night use, this facial oil can also be used during the day. You can wear a concealer and makeup over this avocado moisturizer.
If you haven’t joined the avocado oil bandwagon yet, treat that face like royalty every day with the one from Maple Holistics.
Are These Facial Oils Worth It?
Sure, putting oil on your face may not sound convenient, but the right facial oil can provide unique benefits to your skin health. There are plenty of options in the market that promise to delay aging signs; however, not all live up to their promises. From argan to avocado, this list’s facial oils are all proven to help combat ‘wrinkle-contributing’ inflammation and free radical damage.